Anyone else have this issue?

General forum for 4DO
Hunk

Anyone else have this issue?

Postby Hunk » Fri Nov 01, 2013 5:03 pm

Hi, First off I'd like to say thanks for this awesome emulator. 8-) I had bought Goldstar 3DO back in late 1994 mainly for Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo. Overtime I ended getting a lot more games for the system and at the time it became my favorite console. It's a damn shame it was so expensive, so many people I know would have loved to have one too. Every that came over my house was always amazed when they saw the 3DO running and we had a lot of fun playing. Good times. :D

Anyway, recently I've been itching to play Crash n Burn, a game I wish Crystal Dynamics had updated for another system like how they did with some of their other games. So I got the emulator and game, but have a problem. The emulator seems to put my PC to sleep at random. It's not my power options, since I have everything set to "never" sleep. Especially if I go into the menus of 4DO it almost immediately puts my PC to sleep. Then when I wake the system back up, on the 4DO window I can hear the game running but it just shows a blank screen with a red outline and an X over it. If I attempt to go back in the menu, it puts my PC to sleep again. I tried another game, Wolfenstein 3D, and the same thing happens. Why is this happening and how can it be corrected :?:

l_mcgregoruk

Re: Anyone else have this issue?

Postby l_mcgregoruk » Wed Nov 06, 2013 5:36 pm

There was a similar issue before that seemed to be resolved, if its the same as in this thread viewtopic.php?f=4&t=56, You could try launching 4DO with the argument --forcegdirendering and see if it still happens.
adem9438

Postby adem9438 » Fri Nov 08, 2013 9:32 am

Does it create a log file and is there an error message within that file?
Thanks, Nice post if you want to see my site please check this https://gamesmagzine.com/
Stealth iNfinite

Postby Stealth iNfinite » Sun Jul 10, 2016 5:16 pm

Shutting my laptop lid with the the newest version of 4do (1.3.2.4) running then opening it again causes the screen to go to red x until I close and relaunch...

The sound continues uninterrupted the entire time, only the video is affected.

It would be nice if I didn't have to relaunch to continue.

I have take no action on lid close so it's not trying to sleep.
It just blanks the screen until I open it.

Im running Windows xp sp3 on a Lenovo x200t tablet

Mobile Intel(R) 4 Series Express Chipset Family
Mobile Intel(R) GMA 4500MHD

I'm not getting any crashes, just a video problem/issue...

I think I remember it doing this other times when I wasn't shutting the lid also...

Attached is a screenshot of the window.

4d0 redx2.PNG
Red X WinXpSp3
4d0 redx2.PNG (16.41 KiB) Viewed 20641 times
BryWI

Postby BryWI » Mon Jul 11, 2016 1:25 pm

I'd suspect there is something in your video drivers config that is saving battery on the video chipset as the screen goes off on lid close. Maybe 4DO could handle it better but the intel chipsets are notorious for having weird behaviors. Does this happen when on and off battery?

Return to “General Forum”