Slayer 4DO BlackScreen=Win?

General forum for 4DO
ThumpieBunnyEve

Slayer 4DO BlackScreen=Win?

Postby ThumpieBunnyEve » Sun Dec 28, 2014 1:17 pm

I've played through Slayer, using the 4DO with 2 different characters.
Repeated load states, actual save states, and so on.
Every time i defeat the giant demon in the last level of a dungeon, my character floats up into blackness and the game freezes. It's anti-climatic at best... I'm sure this isn't normal behavior.

Does anyone else encounter this? is there some emulation setting causing the hang?
As far as i know, You cant start a new dungeon with your prior gear, unless you get through the ending sequence. which never loads.

Please advise.
Johnny
Site Admin

Re: Slayer 4DO BlackScreen=Win?

Postby Johnny » Mon Jan 26, 2015 7:01 pm

ThumpieBunnyEve wrote:I've played through Slayer, using the 4DO with 2 different characters.
Repeated load states, actual save states, and so on.
Every time i defeat the giant demon in the last level of a dungeon, my character floats up into blackness and the game freezes. It's anti-climatic at best... I'm sure this isn't normal behavior.

Does anyone else encounter this? is there some emulation setting causing the hang?
As far as i know, You cant start a new dungeon with your prior gear, unless you get through the ending sequence. which never loads.

Please advise.

Sorry to hear it. I actually played through Slayer on 4DO not long ago, but I did not experience this issue.

There are very few emulation settings in 4DO you could have that would have caused this. The "CPU Clock Speed" is the only setting that may effect the behavior. So, you could try different settings there if you still have the save states around.

--Johnny

Return to “General Forum”