Unable to swap disk 2 for Night Trap

General forum for 4DO
ragnar1990

Unable to swap disk 2 for Night Trap

Postby ragnar1990 » Thu Dec 10, 2015 4:36 pm

Everything works fine, but when prompting you to change another CD, there is nothing I can do other than trying to open CD 2, then the game reset abruptly...
BryWI

Re: Unable to swap disk 2 for Night Trap

Postby BryWI » Sat Dec 12, 2015 1:56 am

Disc changes on an actual 3do would reset the system. It should load the game from NVRAM once disc 2 boots up. I know it's weird, but that is the correct behavior of the system.
stc1000

Postby stc1000 » Thu Jun 23, 2016 3:23 pm

Same issue...

Disc 1 ends and says insert disc 2.

Load disc 2 and instead of resuming the game, plays the game company logo, intro, and says insert disc 1.

I am using the 4do core in retroarch on android, the app should have write privileges to all directories selected.

I tried using the save state feature at the end of disc 1 in the hope I could load disc 2 then the save state, but unfortunately it seems save states are broken in the 4do retroarch core (emulator crashes).

Any idea how to continue the game?
BryWI

Postby BryWI » Sat Jun 25, 2016 1:00 am

I dont use retroarch but I think I know what is going on. If retroarch is using a different nvram save for each game, it is loading disc 2 with a blank nvram and therefore it doesnt have the save file that will allow you to continue playing disc 2. If this is the case, its a retroarch issue not 4DO. I may have a solution still though. Check and see if the nvram file is "your_iso_file.ram" or something similar. This would indicate that it is a different nvram file for each iso played instead of a generic nvram file for every game. In this case you would take that nvram, rename it to whatever your second disc image is called and then it should load that file for the second disc.

Like I said, I don't use retroarch so I am just taking a guess. Multi-Disc games work correctly in 4DO.

Sorry if this info is a little confusing.

Return to “General Forum”