Starfighter Audio Issues

General forum for 4DO
Shaun

Starfighter Audio Issues

Postby Shaun » Tue Jan 05, 2016 2:51 pm

Glad to see there is still work on this project... I have a 3DO with Mnemo's USB mod, which is awesome... but thanks to 4DO's ability to increase CPU speed and enhanced resolution rendering, I prefer to play using a PC now.

Maybe the one and only issue I've noticed is on, unfortunately what I consider 3DO's best game: Starfighter.

When flying at maximum speed, the audio for the afterburners becomes extremely shrill. It also occurs when decelerating from a high speed.

It's odd... it almost sounds like another audio channel is kicking in, but it's very different in pitch than the others, or from the game run on a classic 3DO.

Hope this can someday be remedied.

Thanks again for all your work and dedication on this project. You guys are brilliant.

Shaun
Shaun

Starfighter - Audio Problems

Postby Shaun » Wed Feb 10, 2016 9:04 pm

Hi - My apologies for being annoying about this, but the squeaky wheel gets the oil.

Just hoping to see if there is a potential fix on the way for Starfighter's audio issues.

Thanks
BryWI

Re: Starfighter Audio Issues

Postby BryWI » Sat Feb 13, 2016 1:57 am

I merged your threads. Perhaps you could record the audio difference between the two for comparison? I dont think much work if any has been done on the audio from the original open source freedo core to be honest. There are some bugs in DSP but most of them are minor annoyances.
Shaun

Re: Starfighter Audio Issues

Postby Shaun » Tue Feb 16, 2016 4:38 pm

Sure - Will do.

Yes, I would also categorize this as a minor annoyance. (Hooked up to surround sound it becomes less minor.)

Thanks

Return to “General Forum”