Corpse Killer game breaking bug + more

General forum for 4DO
Silanda

Corpse Killer game breaking bug + more

Postby Silanda » Mon Feb 15, 2016 11:47 pm

Hi. Just thought I'd post about a rather odd bug that renders Corpse Killer unplayable:

In the shooting sections (i.e. the gameplay), only one type of zombie appears, and they all appear walking directly towards you. On an actual 3DO, multiple types of zombies spawn and they can either walk towards you, fly towards you, or walk horizontally across the screen. As well as making the game painfully boring, 4DO's bug is game breaking as the boss zombies never appear, so it's impossible to finish.

Out of 4DO, 3DOPlay, and Phoenix, the game only works correctly in 3DOPlay, so I'm assuming it's doing something a little unusual.

Oh, and I might as well mention a small bug in Rise of the Robots (I like crap games). On the menu screen, the Cyborg sprite animates whenever you change a selection. However, it also disappears at the end of it's animation cycle for a frame or two. Or perhaps it's at the beginning of its still frame, as although the sprite doesn't animate, it does the same thing if you press left or right at the main menu: the sprite blinks.

Thanks for the new release by the way!
Shaun

Re: Corpse Killer game breaking bug + more

Postby Shaun » Tue Feb 16, 2016 4:27 pm

Wow - you do like crap games :)

Make sure you check out PaTaank and Shadow War Of Succession.

Funny, 3DO also had some of the best games ever.
BryWI

Postby BryWI » Sat Feb 20, 2016 2:05 am

Were these bugs present in version 1.3.2.3? Or are they new to 1.3.2.4?
Silanda

Postby Silanda » Sat Feb 20, 2016 11:36 pm

Present in 1.3.2.3.

I'm going to have to test this. These bugs were not present in the very first release, so I'm going to have to go though the old releases and find out exactly where each of them broke.
Silanda

Postby Silanda » Sun Feb 21, 2016 1:12 am

Corpse Killer broke in 1.2.0.2. Prior to that it worked. Another detail about this bug: when you fire your weapon, an animated bullet appears on the left of the screen (it looks really crap, a single bullet rather than a trail that's on the Sega versions). The bullet is supposed to be represented by random (?) different animation frames, but after 1.2.0.2 it always displays the same frame. Come to think of it, the zombies are supposed to be somewhat random too. Could something be causing some psuedorandom number generating code to fail?

Rise of the Robots started glitching in either 1.0.6.0 or 1.0.6.1. The former doesn't work on my system so I can't test it. Incidentally, this release also causes the crazy flickering in Phoenix 3's menus as described by fordo here: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=44
A problem with synchronization in the rewritten rendering code?
Viktor

Postby Viktor » Sun Feb 21, 2016 8:42 am

Silanda, thanks for report, I will see what happens after 1.0.2.2 whis Corpse Killer and fix this(is it works in 3doplay?), also Phoenix 3 menus is not render bug, as I know it's bug of arm system, we will see it, is this works on older versions of 4do?
Silanda

Postby Silanda » Sun Feb 21, 2016 2:04 pm

Yes, Phoenix 3's menu works in 1.0.5.1. There's the occasional flicker, but nothing like how it currently looks.

Corpse Killer works perfectly in 3doplay.

Thanks for looking into this!

Return to “General Forum”