about 4DO

General forum for 4DO
eniomarconcini

about 4DO

Postby eniomarconcini » Fri Jan 27, 2012 11:59 pm

Hello all,
I´ m very glad to see this project, 4DO.
I love 3DO consoles, but recently (specifically yesterday) I sold my FZ10 console. And I look for FreeDO news and the site appears to be abandon.... well... Its great that exists this amazing project.

Today I do a test with 4DO using Crime Patro 2, but I see some strange issues like some images appears and disapeas oddly.
Of course my test environment is some crazy, my work lap uses Ubuntu Linux, but I have VirtualBox to run WinXP (to make compatibly with some programs). I pretend to reinstall Win7 in my home lap (its is Ubuntu too) to run all my emulators (like zsnes, epsxe, sega consoles and now 3do) because Ubuntu x64 has incompatibility with PCSX and zsnes.

In the web I found this project (I dont know if its true) http://altmer.arts-union.ru/3DO/docs/3D ... roject.htm

Now I need to know, we have great emulators to Sega Saturn, PSX and PS2, why does not have a 100% fully functional 3DO emu? In FreeDO forums I saw that 3DO ARM arch is so hard to be emulated. It is this true?

Sorry if my words above can offend the 4DO team, I have a great respect do emu developers (all kind of consoles) its a spartan programmers and hard work. But I wish some day to play a great 3DO emu so good like I play my PSX games on ePSXe and PCSX (on Linux).

Please admin and dev team, if you need some help, specialy if you want to do a multi-language to 4DO, I have some time to help you with portuguese language. See that I'm of translators team to portuguese of Ubuntu.
(of course: this my texts can appears to be wrong or bad writted, but when I do translations, I can do it with a great level of proximity of the original)

Guys, how can I get the source of 4DO

thanks and the best regards of
Enio Marconcini
BryWI

Re: about 4DO

Postby BryWI » Sat Jan 28, 2012 2:37 am

A link to the SourceForge page is on the downloads page. Here is a quick link to browse the source...

http://fourdo.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/fourdo/
Sedabi

Postby Sedabi » Sat Jan 28, 2012 9:55 am

Maybe with time it will be possible add a separate language file, so it and to translate into other languages, it's easier than it is to do in the source code itself.
BryWI

Postby BryWI » Sat Jan 28, 2012 6:37 pm

Enio,

I looked into what you are saying about Crime Patrol 2. The game is completely unplayable. The video seeking is not working correctly at all and is causing major lag. The wrong parts of the video are being shown. Is this what is hapening for you?

This also happens in FreeDO, so it seems like it's a bug in the FreeDOCore. I am going to add this information to the compatibility wiki.
eniomarconcini

Postby eniomarconcini » Sun Jan 29, 2012 11:33 pm

BryWI its this that occurs, some videos is showed (sorry I can explain with more detail)

but I have not tested yet on FreeDO

thanks
Johnny
Site Admin

Postby Johnny » Fri Feb 24, 2012 5:27 pm

eniomarconcini wrote:Please admin and dev team, if you need some help, specialy if you want to do a multi-language to 4DO, I have some time to help you with portuguese language. See that I'm of translators team to portuguese of Ubuntu.

4DO is ready to accept translations, if you'd be willing to do Portugese for us! :) http://forum.fourdo.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=32
Viktor

Postby Viktor » Sun Mar 04, 2012 4:53 pm

I looked into what you are saying about Crime Patrol 2. The game is completely unplayable. The video seeking is not working correctly at all and is causing major lag. The wrong parts of the video are being shown.

The issues in crime patrol, crime patrol 2 and another American Lazer Games are fixed now, it will be released in 4do 1.1.6.2 ;)

Return to “General Forum”