commandline feature

General forum for 4DO
d8thstar

Re: commandline feature

Postby d8thstar » Wed Mar 20, 2013 6:21 am

hey johnny, LOVING this new version, wow, speechless.

i'm begging, please add ESC as an option to quit the emu. or, just let the user assign a key themselves that will quit the emu. trying to add this to my arcade machine and mala and i use ESC (p1 start + p2 start) to exit most emu's.

keep up the FANTASTIC work! and yes, when i am a millionaire, i will remember you!
Johnny
Site Admin

Postby Johnny » Mon Mar 25, 2013 3:29 pm

d8thstar wrote:hey johnny, LOVING this new version, wow, speechless.

i'm begging, please add ESC as an option to quit the emu. or, just let the user assign a key themselves that will quit the emu. trying to add this to my arcade machine and mala and i use ESC (p1 start + p2 start) to exit most emu's.

keep up the FANTASTIC work! and yes, when i am a millionaire, i will remember you!

Cool, I'll have all sorts of millionaires indebted to me.

We should be able to come up with something, especially because of the new feature that allows for adding key bindings to emulator events.

There is one keystroke already that should technically work. Is "Alt+F4" an option for your situation?
d8thstar

Postby d8thstar » Mon Mar 25, 2013 5:45 pm

Johnny wrote:
d8thstar wrote:hey johnny, LOVING this new version, wow, speechless.

Cool, I'll have all sorts of millionaires indebted to me.

We should be able to come up with something, especially because of the new feature that allows for adding key bindings to emulator events.

There is one keystroke already that should technically work. Is "Alt+F4" an option for your situation?

Well, I have gotten around using ESC by using the freedowrapper. Now I can hit ESC on my control panel (P1 start + P2 start) and freedowrapper will send the ALT+F4 command.

BUt there is one bit of weirdness that is happening and I believe this goes back to freedo days. when i select a game in my front end, it launches just fine and then goes to fullscreen, perfect. but about 2-3 seconds later, the file menu drops done from the menu bar. now i can simply click (or touch, since i have a touch screen) anywhere on the screen and the file menu will collapse again and I am able to play just fine.

but, i would love to not have this happen and I believe I got around it with freedo with an AHK script. but my AHK scripting days are far behind me.

In either case, keep up the brilliant work johnny!
Johnny
Site Admin

Postby Johnny » Fri Mar 29, 2013 4:15 am

Okay, I've added it. Just help me test when you see the beta one posted!
d8thstar

Postby d8thstar » Fri Mar 29, 2013 4:37 am

Johnny wrote:Okay, I've added it. Just help me test when you see the beta one posted!

i love you johnny! can't wait to try it out! ready to test the snot out of it, keeping an eye out in the beat forum for your post.
mummygun

Postby mummygun » Fri Jul 19, 2013 5:29 pm

Hey there,

New to all of this. I love the 4do emu though, great job!

I hope someone can help me out here. I'm trying to get 4DO to work with Maximus Arcade front end. The exe launches ok, but how can I get it to launch from selecting the rom in Maximus? WHen I choose the game it just goes right to the 4DO start up screen. The only other option would be to have it launch the previous rom played. Any help I'd really appareciate.

Thanks!
mummygun

Postby mummygun » Fri Jul 19, 2013 5:55 pm

I guess I basically need to know how and where to enter the command lines.
l_mcgregoruk

Postby l_mcgregoruk » Mon Jul 22, 2013 12:37 pm

Ok, so I downloaded the trial version of Maximus Arcade and it seems all you need to do is add -StartLoadFile %file to the Command Line box.
Attachments
maximusconfig.jpg
Maximus Arcade 4DO Settings.
maximusconfig.jpg (76.72 KiB) Viewed 15093 times
mummygun

Postby mummygun » Wed Jul 24, 2013 10:58 pm

awesome! thanx. ill report back tomorrow when i can give it a shot!

were you able to have it load up the roms from the MA selection menu?

Return to “General Forum”