Configure input question

General forum for 4DO
Johnny
Site Admin

Re: Configure input question

Postby Johnny » Fri Apr 20, 2012 10:05 pm

Oh, well, that's interesting. I made that release off this computer (64 bit) which I don't normally do. This might explain why some people were seeing this failure on certain releases...

I'm uploading builds in all the variants I have available on this machine. This probably won't change anything though.

I will re-post later when I get back to the other computer. Those builds would work for sure.
Attachments
4DO_1.2.0.2.x86.zip
(1.38 MiB) Downloaded 609 times
4DO_1.2.0.2.x64.zip
(1.38 MiB) Downloaded 639 times
4DO_1.2.0.2.Mixed.zip
(1.38 MiB) Downloaded 594 times
4DO_1.2.0.2.AnyCPU.zip
(1.38 MiB) Downloaded 640 times
BryWI

Postby BryWI » Fri Apr 20, 2012 11:54 pm

EDIT: It ran on a 32bit machine.

EDIT #2: It is crashing on 64bit.

EDIT #3: Still crashes using x64 above. It is crashing because it doesn't think the SlimDX.dll in the zip is the right version of the file. Even after I swapped in the file from the current release, it still did not work. I am not sure why it is happening. Unless it is still looking for an older version. It's looking for...

File name: 'SlimDX, Version=4.0.11.43, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b1b0c32fd1ffe4f9'
il_gattopardo

Postby il_gattopardo » Sat Apr 21, 2012 4:44 am

None of them ran on my 32-bit machine. Yes, I actually tried the 64-bit build just for fun. :P
BryWI

Postby BryWI » Sat Apr 21, 2012 12:11 pm

That release is crashing because it is still looking for the March 2011 SlimDX.dll. I am not sure how that is happening. I am also having a problem compiling r319 of the source code with the included fix. I assume it is for the same exact reason.I was going to try to compile it myself and post it here for you Johnny, but it seems broken. At least I know I am sure why it is happening.
BryWI

Postby BryWI » Sat Apr 21, 2012 12:42 pm

OK! I figured out why I couldn't compile. Compiling requires instalation of the SlimDX SDK now. So now that problem of mine is out of the way... Here guys, this build should work and has the change that Johnny checked in to the SVN.

Johnny, I think what ever computer you used to build those still had the old March 2011 SlimDX SDK installed.
Attachments
4DOr319.zip
(1.34 MiB) Downloaded 568 times
Johnny
Site Admin

Postby Johnny » Sat Apr 21, 2012 12:49 pm

BryWI wrote:OK! I figured out why I couldn't compile. Compiling requires instalation of the SlimDX SDK now. So now that problem of mine is out of the way... Here guys, this build should work and has the change that Johnny checked in to the SVN.

Johnny, I think what ever computer you used to build those still had the old March 2011 SlimDX SDK installed.

Thank you for cracking the case! I hadn't known the SDK installation was a requirement, but it makes sense. I'll be sure to do that to machine #2 later.

It is probably overkill but I'm also uploading a build here from my usual machine.
Attachments
4DO_1.2.0.2.zip
(1.38 MiB) Downloaded 616 times
BryWI

Postby BryWI » Sat Apr 21, 2012 12:59 pm

While I was away for 5 mins fixing my USB mouse, I just thought of something. It might not be that the SDK is required, but that DLL has to be in the usual GAC spot??? I cleared all SlimDX.dll files off my machine except for any in a 4DO folder. Could it be that when compiling it is just looking for that DLL file it installs when it could be just using the .dll file in the source? I have test for this actually... give me 5 mins for an edit or reply...

EDIT: I figured out that it is using the DLL, but it is using it from

C:\Program Files (x86)\SlimDX SDK (January 2012)\Bin\net40\x86\SlimDX.dll

Any way to force it to use the .dll that is included in the source? Perhaps at one time it did? But it changed that when you moved the .dll to the Publish\tools\ folder?
trancechris

Postby trancechris » Sat Apr 21, 2012 5:50 pm

Thank You!! Thank You!! Thank You!! Thank You!! Thank You!! x1000, For making it possible to use the ps3 joypad.. finally i get to play the games i want with this emulator with my joy instead of keyboard.. If there is anything you want in return, like a donation or something then please let me know.

Keep up the good work with this great emulator!!
il_gattopardo

Postby il_gattopardo » Sun Apr 22, 2012 2:15 am

No luck here, but that's alright; thank you for trying at least. I guess the keyboard will be good enough for now.
Johnny
Site Admin

Postby Johnny » Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:46 pm

trancechris wrote:Thank You!! Thank You!! Thank You!! Thank You!! Thank You!! x1000, For making it possible to use the ps3 joypad.. finally i get to play the games i want with this emulator with my joy instead of keyboard.. If there is anything you want in return, like a donation or something then please let me know.

Keep up the good work with this great emulator!!

Glad to hear it worked!

No donations necessary, I'll just request that you update the Compatibility List (http://wiki.fourdo.com/index.php?title=Compatibility_List) if you've been trying out any games.

Return to “General Forum”