Auto Crop

General forum for 4DO
BryWI

Auto Crop

Postby BryWI » Tue May 01, 2012 10:35 pm

I think the auto crop needs another check to it or something is not quite right. I noticed that while on the FZ-10 BIOS it will crop out the Blue colored Panasonic logo at the bottom of the screen (before getting to the bouncy cd screen). I know its not intended for the BIOS screens. But from the way you described it, it sounds like you coded it to not ever crop non black pixels. I just wanted to point this out. I have yet to try the auto cropper on the FZ-1 BIOS with the space scene but I bet it would be interesting to say the least.... Probably kind of funny :)

It is a cool feature. I am going to have to try some games with it soon.
Johnny
Site Admin

Re: Auto Crop

Postby Johnny » Tue May 01, 2012 10:49 pm

Hmm, I'll take a look sometime. You have correctly surmised the attempted cropping behavior. Any non-black pixel should always be visible. It could very well be a bug!
BryWI

Postby BryWI » Thu May 03, 2012 4:00 am

I was thinking that it is perhaps something in the 6% detection. It's kind of a dark blue. I've been trying to think it out in my head how calculating 6% from black would work with 3 hex values of R, G, and B... I think I get it... but it's weird thinking about colors in percents. :) I guess this is just another day in the office for a programmer! ha.
Johnny
Site Admin

Postby Johnny » Thu May 03, 2012 4:20 am

Looks like it's a bug after all!

WRONG:
if (!(rPart < 0xF && gPart < 0xF && rPart < 0xF))

Right!
if (!(rPart < 0xF && gPart < 0xF && bPart < 0xF))

Yep! Whoopsies! It was completely ignoring the blue portion of the image. I'm glad you caught that.
BryWI

Postby BryWI » Thu May 03, 2012 4:35 am

ah! good catch! That could of been easily over looked and inducing hang banging into keyboard moments! I think I have animated gif of that around here somewhere....

Return to “General Forum”