Gex video error/freeze

General forum for 4DO
l_mcgregoruk

Gex video error/freeze

Postby l_mcgregoruk » Sun May 06, 2012 8:49 pm

After the world maps for Gex, when you try to start a level, the audio continues but the level doesn't show.
BryWI

Re: Gex video error/freeze

Postby BryWI » Mon May 07, 2012 1:16 am

This is likely a side effect of the new core changes. Use version 1.2.0.3 to play this game until it is fixed in a newer version.
BryWI

Postby BryWI » Mon May 07, 2012 3:06 am

This issue has been fixed in version 1.3.0.1
l_mcgregoruk

Postby l_mcgregoruk » Mon May 07, 2012 5:36 pm

Certainly has been, I never realised Viktor had changed the core system wide to get Crash 'N Burn working, I'd just assumed he was using the unique game id to see if it was Crash 'N Burn that was loaded, and applying fixes/changes based on that.
Johnny
Site Admin

Postby Johnny » Tue May 08, 2012 1:52 pm

l_mcgregoruk wrote:Certainly has been, I never realised Viktor had changed the core system wide to get Crash 'N Burn working, I'd just assumed he was using the unique game id to see if it was Crash 'N Burn that was loaded, and applying fixes/changes based on that.

We've done it that way sometimes, but whether or not to make a core change game-specific is a difficult decision to make. Ultimately, the making changes across all games is best, and game-specific fixes are a last resort. Because there is no documentation for the majority of the fixes made, our only real tool on making the decision is testing.

We've added a "beta releases" forum for these situations in the future. :)

Return to “General Forum”