Crashes while loading .bin file

General forum for 4DO
maskedmarvel

Crashes while loading .bin file

Postby maskedmarvel » Sat Jul 21, 2012 1:58 pm

Hi I recently downloaded 4DO for the first time (1.3.1.0) and it crashes whenever I try to run a game that is in .bin format. I'm on windows 7 64 bit... not sure what other info I have that could help. Any ideas?

Thanks
BryWI

Re: Crashes while loading .bin file

Postby BryWI » Sun Jul 22, 2012 11:58 am

If I am correct, when loading a .bin file, 4DO should do some math on the file size of the image to determine if it is 2048 or 2352 bytes per sector. If your .bin file is not a multiple of one of those numbers, the image is bad. 4DO might also assume that .bin is 2352. I would have to look up that code again, and I have to get ready for work here in 5 mins. My suggestion would be to generate a .cue file for your .bin image starting with 2352 and if that doesn't work try 2048. If neither work, I would try burning it and see if it runs directly from CD, or load it in a virtual CD drive and make another image. I think you are going to find that the image just might be corrupted because this is the first I have heard of this... I was almost positive there was a fail safe in the code to prevent bad images from causing problems.

And I am assuming that you have other games working, at least it sounds like that from what you posted.

Return to “General Forum”