PLEASE HELP all I get is rolling lines for roms & bios

General forum for 4DO
muffinman14

Re: PLEASE HELP all I get is rolling lines for roms & bios

Postby muffinman14 » Tue Nov 06, 2012 3:46 am

Here's what my debugger log says over and over again:

11/5/2012 9:19:58 PM GameSource - No cue file found. After taking a guess on the format based on file type and file size, the format used will be: MODE1_2048

I am able to get the same iso's to run in Phoenix and Freedo so it's is mind boggling what cold possibly be causing this issue with fourdo.
BryWI

Postby BryWI » Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:48 am

Are you able to use your vid card driver software to force vsync on or off for an app? I wonder if either way would fix the problem.

That error is likely because you are not loading from a cue file, that should be completely irrelevant to the problem.... should be at least.
muffinman14

Postby muffinman14 » Thu Nov 08, 2012 1:56 am

I have an ATI Raedon X1300/1500 series graphics card and in the "advanced" menu in the "Catalyst Control Center" and unfortunately there are no specific settings relating to "Vsync", so frustrating but I do appreciate the suggestions.

I attached a screen
4do screenshot.JPG
4do screenshot.JPG (69.32 KiB) Viewed 14502 times
shot of what I see when starting up games, with pretty much only the colors varying, a little movement between the horizontal lines, and sometimes I can read words and I can hear sound too. Any other suggestions would be awesome if anybody can come up with anything, thanks.
BryWI

Postby BryWI » Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:40 am

I wonder if it's possible that your bios file is corrupted. I swear there is checks if the file is valid or not so that shouldn't be the case. But, I am truly running out of ideas here. That doesn't look like a rendering issue. That looks like it's emulating an issue that could happen on real hardware. It looks similar to what would be refered to as off screen drawing. I would try to find another bios file.
muffinman14

Postby muffinman14 » Fri Nov 09, 2012 2:44 am

Downloaded bios from 5 other spots, all the same weird results. Also tried older an older version of 4do(4DO_1.1.1.1_beta specifically) and got the same results. This image is another one that I get very often, with the colors of the bars moving somewhat and changing color. Keep in mind, the BIOS's I've been using work fine in Freedo and Phoenix.
Attachments
4do screenshot.JPG
4do screenshot.JPG (69.92 KiB) Viewed 14495 times
muffinman14

Postby muffinman14 » Fri Nov 09, 2012 2:55 am

I just noticed in that last pic I posted that my health in the lower right is a lot lower than 60 and red and that can't be good. I paid a little closer attention and notice when i start a game I am at or above 60 and green and gradually get lower(as long as the bars are on the screen) into the 20's. Then the bars will go away temporarily to just a black screen and it will go green and stay there hovering around 60+ for the rest of the time so it usually isn't red and 26 like the image above but the screen images do usually look like that.

My CPU usage never cracks 60 so that shouldn't be the issue either.....
muffinman14

Postby muffinman14 » Fri Nov 09, 2012 3:00 am

Also as I think I mentioned earlier, if I take a screenshot using 4d0(F3) the image files look to be displaying the game perfectly and look beautiful. Wish that is what I was seeing in real time....
BryWI

Postby BryWI » Fri Nov 09, 2012 7:40 pm

What bothers me is that screenshots are working properly. So that means internally, 4DO is rendering properly. I think something external to 4DO must be interfering with the video output. Have you ever installed any kind of direct x hacks or do you think that it is possible that anything is running in the background that could interfere?

It makes no sense really. And you are only the 2nd person to report this issue. I wish I had the answer. :(

Did you by any chance try the first version 1.0.0.0? I would also try version 1.0.6.3. That was the version where most of the video bugs were ironed out and dx9 rendering worked for just about everyone. And just to verify... It doesn't work in the current version when forcing GDI rendering?
muffinman14

Postby muffinman14 » Sat Nov 10, 2012 3:39 am

-forcegdirendering was the solution. Sorry, I guess I just didn't try that earlier, thanks for helping. Interesting that it wouldn't work without it but it is working great now.
BryWI

Postby BryWI » Sat Nov 10, 2012 10:05 pm

The GDI rendering doesn't use vsync though and is a little slower. If you want to figure out why dx9 rendering isn't working properly. I would make sure that you run the direct x installer again to make sure you have all the updates. I am glad you at least got it running with proper video output now.

Return to “General Forum”