PLEASE HELP all I get is rolling lines for roms & bios

General forum for 4DO
muffinman14

Re: PLEASE HELP all I get is rolling lines for roms & bios

Postby muffinman14 » Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:31 am

O.K., so I am still living with the GDI rendering but its driving me nuts knowing it cold look better. After removing all instances of ATI drivers and all Catalyst Control Centers, and running CCleaner and removing any references to ATI, if I reboot and run 4DO with no video controllers/display adapters fourdo runs just beautifully without the -forcegdirendering switch.

I tried this same process a couple times now installing and removing a couple different ATI drivers, namely the most current "legacy driver" for the radeon X1300, ver 10-2 as well as the version dell has on their support site for the Dimension C521(version 8.263.5.1-060607a-035600C-Dell) and they both make Fourdo display the games exactly as I posted in the photos a while back.

During the process I haven't done anything with DirectX 9 at all so I would say this must simply means that Fourdo doesn't run an(at least) the ATI Radeon X1300 with video drivers installed in any way but GDI rendering mode. Is there any hope of this being resolved, might you have any other ideas I could try, or should I just start looking for another PC(or video card I guess)? Thanks!
BryWI

Postby BryWI » Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:25 pm

I don't know if this will get solved without having access to a machine with this exact card and the problem that happens is able to be re-created. Just to note though, 4DO will not look better if you do get it fixed. The performance speed will only increase. I can't remember if this is true or not, but the only big difference between the two visually if I remember correctly is triple buffering (or maybe it was vsync). I wouldn't stress out about it or spend any money on the problem truthfully. Running it in GDI isn't that big of an issue. But who knows, maybe it will get fixed one day.
atlaz

Postby atlaz » Thu May 23, 2013 2:57 am

I have same problem!

I'm running win xp
graphic card is Radeon X1300/1550 series

Like the posts, if I make screenshot with F3, it does show things correctly.
Attachments
4do graphic scramble.GIF
4do graphic scramble.GIF (236.32 KiB) Viewed 8170 times

Return to “General Forum”