4do can't start in win 7 x64

General forum for 4DO
Solstar

4do can't start in win 7 x64

Postby Solstar » Wed Aug 29, 2012 8:55 am

hi all,i just downladoed the emu,and it just doesn't start.i have win 7 x64 version,i installed 4do and complains about framewpork not being installed...which is obviously false,ias i have update and instaleld it more and more times latle,.many apps that asked for this .net stuff,nwo works,so the fact that its not installed is out of question.i read other posts here of people who had similar problems(thought they all were with xp still..)so i downladoed silm dx,and i can't even install those.. i get either erro 2908 or another junk of errors about amd64 and stuff(i have a dual core duo intel btw).any help?
BryWI

Re: 4do can't start in win 7 x64

Postby BryWI » Wed Aug 29, 2012 8:55 pm

Hi, did you have these problems when using the 4DO installer? The installer should not leave you with problems like this. If it is saying that you don't have the .NET framework... you need this download...

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download ... x?id=17113

Install that, run windows update, and reboot your machine. If it still complains that you do not have the framework, try this download instead....

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download ... x?id=17851

Again, Install that, run windows update, and reboot your machine.

BTW, I know you said that not having the .NET framework is out of the question... BUT there are many versions of the framework and they are all seperate installs. Please let me know how this goes. I want to try to work with you to get this running on your computer. Good Luck.
Solstar

Postby Solstar » Thu Aug 30, 2012 10:32 am

ok i downlaoded both files,both files told me that i already have a version of framework,so i could only choose repair or delete.i already repaired it 20 times so i decided to delete it for good.

deleted,rebooted,reinstalled (net framework)from scratch..same issue..i'm really giving up by now

BryWI

Postby BryWI » Thu Aug 30, 2012 10:11 pm

Something is either blocking the .NET install from installing/finishing properly, or something is blocking 4DO from .NET. Have you tried right clicking 4DO and running as administrator? I don't know why 4DO can't find .NET on your machine. My win7 x64 machine does not do that.

I also noticed you can't get slimdx to install either. That wont install if it can't find .NET either when using their installer. I think you have some very weird issue going with .NET and your Operating System on your computer. Have you tried checking your windows hard drive for errors perhaps? An error could cause a folder to not be readable by an app.

Or I suppose something weird like the PATH variable for your OS was modified incorrectly or even deleted. I am not sure how that would even happen though. That could cause files to not be found.

Whatever your issue is though, I am fairly certain it is outside of 4DO. If I knew what files were needed from .NET 4.0, It would be easy to just copy them to your 4DO folder. I have a feeling it would be many files though.
Solstar

Postby Solstar » Fri Aug 31, 2012 10:26 am

yeah i tried running as a administrator..i tried basically anything.the hard disk is fine no error there,as well as teh windows installation.it seems that the same problem happened to a freind of mine with win 7 64 as well(though not with 4d0 but with another program).isn't there a way to trick\hack the emu to think that the damn net framecrap is installed?
Solstar

Postby Solstar » Fri Aug 31, 2012 12:30 pm

tried 4do in a friend's pc with framework perfectly working,and he gotsame issues as me.i really doubt its something related to framework ,more like the emu itself

i deleted everything and used a tool to remove even the slightest registry voice for framework.reinstalled,and now some apps that didn't worked now do...except 4do obivously

Return to “General Forum”