Problem with Immercenary

General forum for 4DO
NoSoup4you

Problem with Immercenary

Postby NoSoup4you » Wed Aug 29, 2012 6:17 pm

Hey, first off, 4DO is awesome... What a pleasant surprise it was to find a (good) 3DO emulator had finally been released! All the games I've tried have worked more or less perfectly. That being said...

I was going through Immercenary, using Virtual Cable to record all the music from it, as the .raw files I extracted from the disc were garbled by some unknown compression format. The only tracks I've yet to be able to get are the final boss tracks, due to a glitch which makes the game unwinnable. In the fight with Raven and Loki, Loki is invisible. This wasn't the case on my original copy+console. You or Raven can still kill him with explosives, but upon picking up Loki's static when he dies, the static doesn't go away and the fight doesn't end. You can keep pausing and picking up infinite amounts of it, but you're stuck in the arena until you reset the game. This is on 4DO 1.3.1.0. Haven't tested on an older version yet. (EDIT: Appears to be broken in 1.2.0.2 as well.)

The ingame start menu also flashes on and off rather than scrolling smoothly up and down, and the DOAsys also runs very poorly compared to the rest of the game - as far as minor issues go.

Here's a save state from right outside for testing purposes: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/6097696/6A4523 ... y.0.4dosav

If for whatever reason someone else is able to finish that fight, I'd appreciate a state from afterwards so I can finish ripping the music.

As long as I'm here, I'll point out a smaller issue with Lucienne's Quest that isn't really worth its own topic - I definitely remember on my console that the battle music shouldn't start so soon after the screen effect. On 4DO, the WHOOSH and music play at the same time, in a cluttered fashion.

Anyhow, keep up the good work.

-Soup
BryWI

Re: Problem with Immercenary

Postby BryWI » Wed Aug 29, 2012 9:05 pm

Hmm that's weird because I thought that at least someone around here beat the game in 4DO. I am not so good at the game so I never made it that far yet. Maybe someone that has made it that far can comment. For now though, have you tried it in the recent 1.3.1.1 beta 4?

there is a beta5 but I am pretty sure it is missing things from beta4. I noticed that the download link is not working so I will upload it here in a couple mins. I need to switch to another computer.
BryWI

Postby BryWI » Wed Aug 29, 2012 9:12 pm

Here is the 1.3.1.1 Beta 4. Try this.
Attachments
4DO_1.3.1.1 - Revision 4.7z
1.3.1.1 Beta Revision 4
(1.08 MiB) Downloaded 898 times
NoSoup4you

Postby NoSoup4you » Wed Aug 29, 2012 9:37 pm

Well whaddya know... it works. Interesting.
BryWI

Postby BryWI » Thu Aug 30, 2012 2:21 am

Problem solved! :)

Return to “General Forum”