Mapping 6 buttons?

General forum for 4DO
Someinterwebguy

Mapping 6 buttons?

Postby Someinterwebguy » Wed Oct 24, 2012 6:44 am

Hi all! :)

First thing I have to say is: I LOVE this emulator and have been using it for a few months now.

However, despite searching the forum and exploring on my own, I am unable to find a way to map buttons for the six button controller so that I can play SSFII Turbo the way it was meant to be played.

My apologies if I missed something obvious, but I can't find it for the life of me.

Thanks to everyone involved with this emulator - I remember playing the 3DO when it first came out in a Software, ETC store in San Francisco. The sales guy offered me a chance to play Crash N' Burn and, needless to say, it blew me away. We both lamented the $695 price and hoped that it would come down in our lifetimes.
l_mcgregoruk

Re: Mapping 6 buttons?

Postby l_mcgregoruk » Wed Oct 24, 2012 2:44 pm

Well as far as I can tell, I may be wrong here, but all 6-button pads I've seen for 3DO don't actually add any buttons than the standard controller, merely change their layout.
Usually to two rows of 3 buttons, where the top row is LPR and the bottom is ABC.
Some with two P's, one in the middle of the top row, and one next to X where it usually is.

Unlike the Megadrive/Genesis, that added XYZ and Mode buttons in addition to the ABC/Start.
Someinterwebguy

Re: Mapping 6 buttons?

Postby Someinterwebguy » Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:41 pm

That makes sense, and works as well - thanks! :D

Return to “General Forum”