1.3.1.1 Beta - Core updates

Versions uploaded prior to widespread release
Nonete

Re: 1.3.1.1 Beta - Core updates

Postby Nonete » Fri Jun 15, 2012 10:26 am

Yes Viktor, Lost Eden boot and is playable.
BryWI

Postby BryWI » Fri Jun 15, 2012 7:21 pm

Lost Eden is acting very strange on boot.

At first I thought it had to do with if you had a Lost Eden save in NVRAM. It seemed to boot better when there was no save file. I just tried to boot the game with no save file in NVRAM, and it didn't boot again.

So then I thought maybe it was only going to boot on certain BIOS versions. I tried FZ-1, FZ-10, Goldstar... all 3 didn't boot upon trying them.

So then I tried using rom2.rom. I was getting the game to boot with the combination of the FZ-10 BIOS and rom2. Now it stopped booting again. Even with no save file in NVRAM.

When it does boot, sometimes it is still taking a long time to boot.

I guess it comes down to luck? Flip a coin. Sometimes it boots, sometimes it doesn't. I went back to to check on 1.3.1.0. It seems on there it boots all the time, but it takes a long time to boot on that version too.
Viktor

Postby Viktor » Sat Jun 16, 2012 6:23 am

I will see why it doesn't load with nvram in this revision.

However there is a bug somewhere, if to see game log, game is shutting down many times before it does load correctly, that's why it loads very long.
BryWI

Postby BryWI » Sat Jun 16, 2012 6:33 pm

It might not have anything to do with the NVRAM. It's probably because of that bug you have found. That sounds like the correct issue.
Viktor

Postby Viktor » Mon Jun 18, 2012 11:11 am

4DO 1.3.1.1 Revision 4:

New changes in CLIO.
Lost Eden boots again.
Status reading cd files added.
Fmv Sync status save added.

This is a final test version.
Also if you find any bugs or improvements, witch are not presented in last revision please report this.

Download: http://rghost.ru/38732795
Nonete

Postby Nonete » Mon Jun 18, 2012 10:17 pm

Hello again, Has I promise I re-test games with old version and newer version, For this last test I use 4DO 1.3.1.1 - Revision 4 and 4DO= 1.3.1.0 Final:

- Alone in the Dark 2 - Game ID :1D963E84: Minor graphics errors on start intro (little sprite priority problem?).The rest plays with no problems.Same bug in Old- new version, See Screenshots.

- Casper - Game ID:F60FFF30 : Perfect, no problems detected here.

- Crayon Shin-chan - Puzzle Daimaou no Nazo-Game ID: 9D12E91C:Not sure about this, but I think that voices are out of sync with video, maybe not a bug and the game plays fine.The rest perfect.Same in Old-new version, maybe happens also in real hardware????

- Creature Shock - Game ID: 861BDC7D : Perfect, no problems detected here.

- Doraemon Yuujou Densetsu - Game ID: 467ACB33 : Little flicker on last part of intro video (on right and down side), the rest, no problems detected here.Same in old-new versions, I try to make screenshots but The screensshots are fine, no flicker, but flicker in video.

- The Horde - Game ID: ED705E42 : Perfect, no problems detected here.

- Cyberia - Game ID: 27A64CFC : Perfect, no problems detected here.

- Lost Eden - Game ID: BD2BC660 : Perfect, no problems detected here.For me, boots ok in version 1.3.1.1 Revision 3, no problems, Also boots in revision 4 and 1.3.1.0.Works Ok.

- Out of this World - Game ID: 00256A21 : Perfect, no problems detected here.The game runs in fine speed, same in version 1.3.1.0 and version 1.3.1.1 Revision 3 and Revision 4.

- Decathlon (2007)(Oldergames) - NO GAME ID :Perfect, no problems detected here.

New games tested: Only wuth new version 1.3.1.1 Revision 4 if no problems, if problems tested with old version too.

- Starblade - Game ID : A7F26D1F : Perfect, no problems detected here.
- Virtuoso - Game ID : 932A49C6 : Perfect, no problems detected here.
- Wicked 18 - Game ID: C305A4C5 : Perfect, no problems detected here.
- Yuu Yuu Hakusho - Game ID: 9A8187D1 : Perfect, no problems detected here.
- Super Wing Commander - Game ID : C3285976 : Perfect, no problems detected here.
- Space Ace - Game ID: 112B53D0 : Perfect, no problems detected here.
- Shock Wave - Game ID: CA4DC585 : Perfect, no problems detected here.
- Road Rash - Game ID: D7672550 : Perfect, no problems detected here.

Tomorow I test more games, For the moment the only game withs "heavy" bugs I find is Alone In the Dark 2.

New options are working fine, Fmv Sync status save added.And Status reading cd files added is very ussefull, but a "led" on fullscreen will be nice.

Regards,
Attachments
2012.06.18_23.30.36 - AloneintheDark2.png
2012.06.18_23.30.36 - AloneintheDark2.png (37.88 KiB) Viewed 26551 times
2012.06.18_23.30.32 - AloneintheDark2.png
2012.06.18_23.30.32 - AloneintheDark2.png (38.35 KiB) Viewed 26551 times
BryWI

Postby BryWI » Tue Jun 19, 2012 2:06 am

Lost Eden seems to be booting every time now again. It still takes a long time to boot though. Sometimes the Loading Files counter goes to 200,000 before it boots. At least it eventually boots. Before I wasn't having much luck with booting the game. I will test some more tomorrow.

Also, Street Fighter Intro is now perfect. Nice!
Nonete

Postby Nonete » Tue Jun 19, 2012 3:19 am

BryWii Same problem with lost eden Here, always boot but takes long time.This is a bug or is normal?I have very much luck with this game, every time I try it, always boots.In last revision (revision 3) boot too, also too takes long time to boot, maybe less than new revision 4.
BClaude

Postby BClaude » Wed Jul 04, 2012 9:00 pm

Hello, I thought I'd introduce myself here, but I have a problem with the latest test release.

Twisted: The Game show has unusual slowdowns, in the introduction, when the audience is shown, the framerate slows down to 40fps. I'm not sure if increasing the core clock would help debug this, but can you check it out? (Tried the core clock, didn't work.)

EDIT: And some sound skips, etc.

One more thing, I'm using the latest beta build to play the game. I am running Windows 7 x64, Got an 8-core AMD FX 8120 CPU, and a ATI HD 5750, And 16GBs of RAM.

Also, I noticed the game is a little faster than the game played on an actual 3DO. For example, if you head to the wheel, whenever I got the character with the dog, I noticed he looks around faster than the one on the real hardware. (Course, I have never used the real hardware, btw. I saw a youtube video on the game, anyways...)

Basically, the FMV videos cause the sound lags. Checking my CPU, it's not using the entire core, possibly something with emulation? I am using double filtering.
Johnny
Site Admin

Postby Johnny » Sun Aug 05, 2012 4:31 am

Well the summer has usurped my attention, but I am prepared to tidy up these beta changes for a release. I have compiled the changes and moved the "FMV Sync" option under the "options" menu (this is sufficiently out of the way, in my opinion). I am a little worried that I do not have all the changes necessary. I know the "CD read" indicator is absent, for example.

I did not notice any changes in the Street Fighter 2 intro (with or without the "FMV Sync" option enabled), so I wonder if something is missing in my copy of the source code changes. The only difference I spotted is that Wing Commander 3's video freezes seem to be fixed when compared to previous versions of 4DO, but it's possible I just didn't run into those freezes.

I have read through the beta feedback but cannot entirely follow whether or not people have been running with the "FMV Sync" option enabled. Ideally I would rather not have an option that needs to be toggled by a user. If all games are seemingly improved with the option enabled, I could just hide it from the user. This is part of my reasoning behind putting it in the less-obvious "options" menu. It's possible it's necessary for the time being until more correct timing behavior is identified in the future. Given that the comments are pretty old at this point and people may not check back in with clarifications I will probably release with the option included and with the most appropriate default; in the attached build it's OFF by default, since I can't yet determine the best setting.

Also, BClaude, concerning your issues with Twisted. Had you attempted to remedy the problem by changing the "FMV sync" option? You could try the revision 5 I'm uploading as well. Some of the issues you identify may be because of "double filtering" too, but only if the health indicator is turning yellow or red.

I'd like to give many thanks to everyone for the extensive beta testing! It's very helpful and allows us to be more safe and wary with these core emulation changes! :)
Attachments
4DO_1.3.1.1 Revision 5.zip
(1.43 MiB) Downloaded 1245 times

Return to “Beta Versions”