1.3.1.1 Beta - Core updates

Versions uploaded prior to widespread release
Johnny
Site Admin

Re: 1.3.1.1 Beta - Core updates

Postby Johnny » Thu Jun 07, 2012 5:39 pm

phpBB seems to let me attach larger files than most users. I'll try to track down that setting later, but for now I've uploaded revision 2 to the first post.
BryWI

Postby BryWI » Fri Jun 08, 2012 11:21 pm

lenne wrote:Escape from Monster Manor - A Terrifying Hunt for the Undead - Good (FMVs lag and stutter very little)

added!
Viktor

Postby Viktor » Wed Jun 13, 2012 8:38 am

4DO 1.3.1.1 Revision 3

1) Final updates in CLIO.
2) FMV Sync option added.(good for Wing commander 3 and the horde, also for some other).

Download: http://rghost.ru/38635754
BryWI

Postby BryWI » Wed Jun 13, 2012 7:45 pm

Thanks for these fixes Viktor! I will be testing the new revision shortly.
BryWI

Postby BryWI » Wed Jun 13, 2012 9:13 pm

I just wanted to make some comments on what I notice about the FMV Sync option.

It does fix the FMV problems on games that need it. There is a side effect to it though. Games are running too fast when this option is enabled. Good examples of this are Out of this World and Super Street Fighter 2. Any game that uses CD Audio (the 3do equivalent of it) that syncs with the game images shown on the screen, will be off timed when the FMV Sync options is on. I believe the CD audio in a 3do system is playing via an analog disc read, and will never speed up or slow down to match the current game speed. So the audio gets behind, and keeps getting more behind as time goes on as long as the game is running too fast.

Is there a way to make this option only work when an actual FMV is being played? I hope that something like this can be done, but I don't think there is anything specific in the source to playing FMVs since different games can use different video compression. Maybe I am wrong though.

I also notice that the FMV Sync option is not being saved on exit. Perhaps the way it currently behaves though, it might be better to make it default to off on start-up.
Viktor

Postby Viktor » Thu Jun 14, 2012 6:55 pm

Oh, I notice this bugs too, it was because DSP with VDL not synced correctly when option enabled.

Quick fix to revision 3:
Attachments
FreeDOCore.7z
(48.36 KiB) Downloaded 651 times
Nonete

Postby Nonete » Thu Jun 14, 2012 9:37 pm

Hello, here are my test list.All Games are tested With 1.3.1.1 Beta with new Quick fix to revision 3 (freedocore new core) and new FMV SYNC Option always on(needed to be marked every time starts emulador, any way to fix this??)

- Alone in the Dark 2 - Game ID :1D963E84: Minor graphics errors on start intro (little sprite priority problem?).The rest plays with no problems.

- Casper - Game ID:F60FFF30 : Perfect, no problems detected here.

- Crayon Shin-chan - Puzzle Daimaou no Nazo-Game ID: 9D12E91C:Not sure about this, but I think that voices are out of sync with video, maybe not a bug and the game plays fine.The rest perfect.

- Creature Shock - Game ID: 861BDC7D : Perfect, no problems detected here.

- Doraemon Yuujou Densetsu - Game ID: 467ACB33 : Little flicker on last part of intro video (on right and down side), the rest, no problems detected here.

- The Horde - Game ID: ED705E42 : Perfect, no problems detected here.

- Cyberia - Game ID: 27A64CFC : Perfect, no problems detected here.

- Lost Eden - Game ID: BD2BC660 : Perfect, no problems detected here.

- Out of this World - Game ID: 00256A21 : Perfect, no problems detected here.(maybe gameplay too fast or the gameplay plays with this speed???in a few days I test this game with old version)

- Decathlon (2007)(Oldergames) - NO GAME ID :Perfect, no problems detected here.

All game are not tested from the begin to the end, maybe are more bugs, I test every game about 10 minutes.

In a few days I test more games and report here.

Some suggestion for future versions, can be added a Cd Acces Status Led?on right up of screen or via keyboard leds or both?.And new FMV SYNC Option needed to be marked every time starts emulador.By default always is off.

More tests and suggestions other day.very Thanks for the emulator, is AWESOME.

Regards.

P.D: Sorry for my english, but my native language is spanish.
BryWI

Postby BryWI » Fri Jun 15, 2012 12:54 am

Nonete, for the games you found problems with... Can you verify if you run into the same problems in 1.3.1.0? We need to be sure that these are new bugs caused by core changes.

I know for sure that the alone in the dark 2 bug occured in the old version. I can double check the game speed of out of this world tomorrow. I have played that game alot. I can't verify the Japanese games though. I might have one of those games somewhere but I would have to hunt it down. I am pretty sure I do not have the other one.

I also would like to see a CD access light in the status bar. I was thinking about requesting this the other day but forgot. It would really help in showing when a game has completly froze.

I will be testing out the rev3fix tomorrow. I have to work early in the morning. :(
Nonete

Postby Nonete » Fri Jun 15, 2012 1:54 am

BryWI until Sunday-monday I can´t try again this games in version 1.3.1.0 , I go out of home for work.When I arrive to home I test all this games in previous versions and say something and about 10 more new games in old and most new version and write bugs results here.

Regards.
Viktor

Postby Viktor » Fri Jun 15, 2012 7:40 am

Does Lost Eden boot in this revision+fix ?

Return to “Beta Versions”