1.3.1.1 Beta - Core updates

Versions uploaded prior to widespread release
l_mcgregoruk

Re: 1.3.1.1 Beta - Core updates

Postby l_mcgregoruk » Thu Sep 13, 2012 7:52 pm

Lost Eden boots on my Vista 64bit machine, but it's extremely erratic how much the counter gets to before it starts(shortest I can remember was around 500,000). I'm not sure but it's possible I also had to press and hold an input.
Viktor

Postby Viktor » Sat Sep 15, 2012 8:03 am

Try this core for revision 6 with a small fix for Lost Eden, I'am not sure that problem fixed here, but as for me Lost Eden boots some faster than it was.
If no result, I will isolate this game using game id, how it was in 4DO 1.3.1.0 .

http://rghost.ru/40371854
Johnny
Site Admin

Postby Johnny » Sun Sep 16, 2012 12:34 am

Well I've come back for a bit and I was about to upload a copy with the SF2 fix (from revision 4) included, but it sounds like Viktor has changes for lost eden, so there will probably be a another revision soon. Sorry! :) Viktor was able to recreate the fix from revision 4 so at least that fix is safe and sound in the source code for good!

I have not seen a difference with the FMV sync option, though. I am considering putting it as a command-line option.
BryWI

Postby BryWI » Sun Sep 16, 2012 1:16 am

Viktor, that Lost Eden fix still gives me problems trying to boot. I am not so sure why I have so many problems with this game. Maybe it would be best to isolate it to it's own seperate game fix.

Johnny, There is really only two games the FMV Sync helps right now. It stops the repeating of phrases in the intro video for The Horde, and stops the stuttering audio for the videos (intro only?) of Wing Commander 3. I would propose that the FMV Sync fix be isolated in the source as a game fix, but it helps to have it in the options as a toggle for testing purpose on revisions like this. When there is an FMV problem, it is good to try the option. So far it really has only helped the two games though. You can tell when it's active because the CORE FPS will try to lock at about 60.67 FPS with jumps every second to between 62-64. I am not smart enough to know what exactly it is doing though! Maybe you don't have the full source for it if it is not doing anything at all when you enable it. It was an addition in revision 3. I thought you were only missing 4.
l_mcgregoruk

Postby l_mcgregoruk » Sun Sep 16, 2012 8:26 am

Yeah, that new dll seemed to make things worse to start with, but I think I was just unlucky the first couple of times I tried it, it certainly hasn't made it any better though. Still seems random how long it takes to boot, and sometimes doesn't boot at all.
Johnny
Site Admin

Postby Johnny » Mon Sep 17, 2012 6:12 am

BryWI wrote:Viktor, that Lost Eden fix still gives me problems trying to boot. I am not so sure why I have so many problems with this game. Maybe it would be best to isolate it to it's own seperate game fix.

Johnny, There is really only two games the FMV Sync helps right now. It stops the repeating of phrases in the intro video for The Horde, and stops the stuttering audio for the videos (intro only?) of Wing Commander 3. I would propose that the FMV Sync fix be isolated in the source as a game fix, but it helps to have it in the options as a toggle for testing purpose on revisions like this. When there is an FMV problem, it is good to try the option. So far it really has only helped the two games though. You can tell when it's active because the CORE FPS will try to lock at about 60.67 FPS with jumps every second to between 62-64. I am not smart enough to know what exactly it is doing though! Maybe you don't have the full source for it if it is not doing anything at all when you enable it. It was an addition in revision 3. I thought you were only missing 4.

I'll probably take this suggestion since I don't like introducing confusing options to the user. Do those options work well when they're always on for those games? Hopefully yes, and I could make it enabled when the specific games are loaded. I would then also add a command-line option for FMV sync as a rainy day potential solution as we continue to sift out the benefits to it.

By the way, I don't understand it either. :)
BryWI

Postby BryWI » Wed Sep 19, 2012 7:13 pm

I haven't played those 2 games enough to know if the FMV Sync left on creates any side effects. I didn't notice any in my short tests.

If I knew the games better I would try to figure them out. I have a lot going on right now though so I don't have enough time right now to better answer this question.
BClaude

Postby BClaude » Mon Oct 22, 2012 2:20 am

Oh dear, I hope development is still in progress, it's been over a month without a recent update.
BryWI

Postby BryWI » Thu Nov 01, 2012 6:47 pm

The link for Revision 6 has expired, so I am re-posting the archive here on the forum. Just like the orginal archive, the folder in the archive says 4.1 but it is indeed 6.
Attachments
4DO_1.3.1.1 - Revision 6.7z
4DO_1.3.1.1 - Revision 6
(1.08 MiB) Downloaded 1106 times
Johnny
Site Admin

Postby Johnny » Fri Nov 02, 2012 5:08 am

Just keeping you posted: Neither Viktor nor I are very active lately. I'm unsure if we'll get back to development, but I'm sure this would be top of the list. I hope this isn't too depressing of an outlook, but I never like to make promises I can't keep. :)

Last we chatted, we had combined the changes that got separated at some point. These combined changes DID fix Super Street Fighter 2 turbo's intro. However, Lost Eden doesn't boot again, which was bad news, especially because an unknown number of other titles are probably negatively affected. The game-specific fix for Lost Eden also no longer worked. This remains a mystery, unfortunately.

If you would like this version (SSF2 okay, Lost Eden boot broken) I can upload it for yet another beta interim release, but it wouldn't be the last one. I'm afraid I need Viktor's help to understand those core fixes, so I'd be a bit stuck on my own. In the present situation, If I release another 4DO with new features, it'll need to be without these core fixes, so I will probably revert back to the previous release first and leave these changes alone for now.

Return to “Beta Versions”