1.3.1.1 Beta - Core updates

Versions uploaded prior to widespread release
BryWI

Re: 1.3.1.1 Beta - Core updates

Postby BryWI » Tue Jun 05, 2012 4:00 pm

lenne wrote:I have only one controller setup and nothing, and only in this game the problem (Testet with my xbox360 controller and too with my keyboard)

Hmm that is weird. It worked for me. I am not sure why that is happening for you. Maybe some other people can test this game and see if it is happening to them too.
Mister Negative

Postby Mister Negative » Tue Jun 05, 2012 4:46 pm

I was able to play Star Wars - Rebel Assault 1.0 no problem with my Xbox 360 game pad. I navigated the menus and completed the first level just fine. The first level doesn't actually use the buttons for anything since it's a training mission, but I assume that because the buttons can activate menu items they must be read by the emulator.

I only have one virtual controller connected in the emulator.
l_mcgregoruk

Postby l_mcgregoruk » Tue Jun 05, 2012 4:46 pm

I get the same non-response to input in Star Wars - Rebel Assault as lenne, and as regards to the Interactive Sampler, I was going to add it to the compatibility list, but I wasn't sure if it was just meant for stable releases or beta's too.
Mister Negative

Postby Mister Negative » Tue Jun 05, 2012 4:54 pm

Okay so two can interact, two can't. There's something to this...

Crazy, off the wall question but when you guys set up the beta of the emulator did you overwrite your existing, non-beta install or did you set up an isolated version? I have both separated into different directories and didn't copy over any assets.

What I'm thinking is that maybe it's an issue with the way the configuration file is read by the beta when generated by the previous version? I just tested the game again and it worked fine. I could skip the intros by pressing play/pause, I could pause the game, control my ship and activate menu items with the A button.

I'll keep trying to break it. If it's relevant I have an Eu-US version of the game and am using the FZ-1 BIOS.
Mister Negative

Postby Mister Negative » Tue Jun 05, 2012 5:00 pm

Bingo! As soon as I switch to the Goldstar BIOS Star Wars refuses to acknowledge any input. I can eject the game, switch to Wolfenstein without restarting the emulation and controls respond fine.

As soon as I switch back to the FZ-1 BIOS Star Wars works again. All of this testing is done without closing the 4DO beta.

Edit: Star Wars plays fine on 1.3.1.0 with both the Goldstar and FZ-1 BIOS. We may need to start notating which system was tested with each game on the wiki, as some of the timing fixes may work better with some systems than others.

Double Edit: I have the same problem with the FZ-10 and TRY BIOS as well... It seems as though only the FZ-1 works correctly with this particular game on this release. Can someone else please confirm under these conditions?
lenne

Postby lenne » Tue Jun 05, 2012 5:22 pm

with rom2 kanji font the problem is gone :D,the old core worked without the rom2 in this game
Last edited by lenne on Tue Jun 05, 2012 5:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Mister Negative

Postby Mister Negative » Tue Jun 05, 2012 5:26 pm

Confirmed. Goldstar now has proper input for Star Wars with Rom2 enabled.
Johnny
Site Admin

Postby Johnny » Tue Jun 05, 2012 5:27 pm

Oh man, I tested tons of the games on the list but I don't know what bios I was using. I know I've switched a few times since then too.

By the way, should it ever be relevant, the save states in 4DO are a complete copy of the RAM and this includes the BIOS. If you do Console->Reset, the users' selected BIOS is used.
Mister Negative

Postby Mister Negative » Tue Jun 05, 2012 5:34 pm

Good to know. I always launch from scratch so that may have helped me catch this particular problem.

Every game I submitted to the wiki was done with the FZ-1 BIOS with no ROM2. If you include another column to the table we can go back and include what system was used and if ROM2 was enabled if you'd like.
lenne

Postby lenne » Tue Jun 05, 2012 7:03 pm

Johnny i have a little idee can you making a rom2 enable and disable option.

Another World - Good
AutoBahn Tokio-Good
Battle Chess - Good
Cannon Fodder - Good
Casper - Good
Brain Dead 13 Starring Fritz - Good
Demolition Man - Good

Return to “Beta Versions”