1.3.1.1 Beta - Core updates

Versions uploaded prior to widespread release
Johnny
Site Admin

Re: 1.3.1.1 Beta - Core updates

Postby Johnny » Wed Jun 06, 2012 1:44 am

Mister Negative wrote:Good to know. I always launch from scratch so that may have helped me catch this particular problem.

Every game I submitted to the wiki was done with the FZ-1 BIOS with no ROM2. If you include another column to the table we can go back and include what system was used and if ROM2 was enabled if you'd like.

Hm, I'm not sure. I'd leave it up to Bry who I've entrusted with good Wiki know-how! I think the BIOS-specific problems are pretty uncommon and the comments field may be a good catch-all for that. For example, some of the games say "requires rom2".
Mister Negative

Postby Mister Negative » Wed Jun 06, 2012 2:06 am

Johnny wrote:Hm, I'm not sure. I'd leave it up to Bry who I've entrusted with good Wiki know-how! I think the BIOS-specific problems are pretty uncommon and the comments field may be a good catch-all for that. For example, some of the games say "requires rom2".

This is true. I more or less meant for the 1.3.1.1 specific wiki in case you need data to track down what suddenly caused the erratic BIOS-related behavior for this one game. It makes me wonder if other games work better than reported in this test with Rom2 enabled or if using the FZ-1 BIOS?
Johnny
Site Admin

Postby Johnny » Wed Jun 06, 2012 2:01 pm

Mister Negative wrote:
Johnny wrote:Hm, I'm not sure. I'd leave it up to Bry who I've entrusted with good Wiki know-how! I think the BIOS-specific problems are pretty uncommon and the comments field may be a good catch-all for that. For example, some of the games say "requires rom2".

This is true. I more or less meant for the 1.3.1.1 specific wiki in case you need data to track down what suddenly caused the erratic BIOS-related behavior for this one game. It makes me wonder if other games work better than reported in this test with Rom2 enabled or if using the FZ-1 BIOS?

Oh okay. Makes good sense to me.
BryWI

Postby BryWI » Wed Jun 06, 2012 7:39 pm

Bios issues for games are really rare truthfully. I think this is only second time I have seen one. I don't think It will be worth the time to add it to the wiki. But if someone else did the work it wouldn't bother me. To catch more problems like these, I am going to use goldstar bios for here on out. That bios seems to bring out the issues the most (on the real console too I have heard).

Now for something interesting. The fact that the rom2 fixes the problem when used with the other bios dumps shows that there must be more on the 2nd rom than just the kanji font. I am willing to bet there is some fixes/patches in it. In the Japan FZ-1, I am pretty sure that the 2 rom chips combined make up the total BIOS as far as the system is concerned. It wouldn't surprise me if they just added the rom2 to existing boards to make the (J) variants of consoles. In fact, I think I saw a video on youtube where someone removed the rom 2 chip and it was just a normal FZ-1 bios. It was a while back when I saw the video though.

I will be adding the submitted entries (Thanks lenne) and testing out microcosm. If someone who has played wing commander 3 more than I have can test that it would be appreciated. Otherwise I will try to figure out that game tomorrow on my day off.
lenne

Postby lenne » Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:58 pm

BryWI wrote:In fact, I think I saw a video on youtube where someone removed the rom 2 chip and it was just a normal FZ-1 bios. It was a while back when I saw the video though.

I have found on youtube

3DO Panasonic FZ-10 NTSC-J with desoldered ROM2 and BIOS from Panasonic FZ-10 NTSC-US

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L0TnI8b4l58

3DO Panasonic FZ-10 NTSC-J with ROM2 and soldered BIOS IC from Panasonic FZ-10 NTSC-US

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KtRVhIJFlkA

3DO Panasonic FZ-10 NTSC-J with original BIOS IC and desoldered ROM2 IC

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mlEG54BonbU

and

Panasonic FZ-10 3DO game console NTSC-US with soldered ROM2 IC

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zE1hOMlzul8
Last edited by lenne on Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BryWI

Postby BryWI » Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:09 pm

Yeah thats what I saw. That FZ-10 is taking some abuse! :)
Viktor

Postby Viktor » Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:07 am

4DO 1.3.1.1 - Revision 2
I have add some core updates, to fix some problems:
Twisted minigames fixed,
Doom game speed fixed,
Also Lost Eden now boots again,
maybe something else fixed.

Download: http://rghost.ru/38529719
lenne

Postby lenne » Thu Jun 07, 2012 1:58 pm

Escape from Monster Manor - A Terrifying Hunt for the Undead - Good (FMVs lag and stutter very little)
BryWI

Postby BryWI » Thu Jun 07, 2012 4:02 pm

lenne wrote:Escape from Monster Manor - A Terrifying Hunt for the Undead - Good (FMVs lag and stutter very little)

Are you using revision 2 now?
lenne

Postby lenne » Thu Jun 07, 2012 4:14 pm

yes revision 2

Return to “Beta Versions”